Rules for the Egg Drop Contest:
The device must be able to protect an egg from breaking after falling at least one story. If your egg survives, you will move on to the next round which is one story higher
The device must not exceed 8” cubic area (8” x 8” x 8”).
The following requirements are given for the loading of the device:
- The devices should not be loaded with an egg before the competition.
- All devices should be designed to be easily loaded by a third party at the
- competition, i.e. within l minute or less. (This factor may be used to determine a
- If there are special instructions for loading the device, these instructions should be provided on a regular 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper
The following materials are not allowed in the design:
- Any type of parachute contraption (designs must be able to free fall)
- Packing peanuts
- Metals (except for conjunction items such as screws, staples, paperclips, etc.),
- glass, chemical containers,
- Styrofoam (with the exception of whole Styrofoam cups), and thick wood (such as 2×4) and any food products.
Congratulations to the winners